On November 6 an annual conference “Oil and fat industry”, organized by the AIC-inform, was held at the Hilton Hotel in Kyiv.
The participants of the event were presented with the updated format of the event, which brought together the conference, mini-exhibition and thematic seminars.
Industry leaders shared their experience, discussed new trends and prospects for its development.
The discussion was divided into three main blocks:
1. Oil-bearing-crop in the world trends, prospects. Is Ukraine a raw material appendix or a full player?
2. Plant oils in Ukraine and the world: current state, development forecasts.
3. The oil meal market. Trends and forecasts of development in the market of manufacturer countries, consumers.
Two thematic seminars were also held:
1. High-oleic market (held by “Syngenta”).
2. The future of the Ukrainian agro-industry: prospective directions of development.
Yurii Shevchenko, Director of Business Development of “UKROLIA”, told about innovations in the market for sunflower oil production and on ways to combine the efficiency of business and the useful properties of oils in food products for consumers.